Monday, October 7, 2013

Rain

I hate the rain, its so depressing to me. It always seems to rain when I'm sad or deep in thought. I love the sun, the heat and a cool summer breeze. I love wearing shorts, tank tops and sandal; not rain boots and a poncho.

The only time I do like rain is when it is a hurricane. I love hurricanes, I grew up watching the storm tracking and peeking through the shutter cracks of the window to see leaves and stuff flying. I remember when I was young and there was a category 4 hurricane that hit the place I was living. It lasted all day and went into the late of night. I remember I snuck out of my room and when the dining area window and peeked through. I saw stuff flying, cable wires moving like snakes, and I saw this weird blue orb flying around the house. I thought it was a spark from the cable/electricity wire, but you usually hear them crackling if sparks flew from it. I watched the light and it didn't exactly fall to the ground, it circled the house. I know because it flew out of my line of vision and came back from the other side. To me, I thought it was an angel. Mainly because before any hurricane my Dad would pray for angels to protect my house, and I feel as though as a child I saw an angel protecting me.

I still hate the rain, when it ruins plans or makes me feel even more sad but I will always love hurricanes and tropical storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment