Friday, October 4, 2013

The Butler

*Spoiler Alert*

I am a sucker for stories that are based off true events, and true historic events. Lee Daniel's The Butler was an amazing movie. It was so moving to me,I enjoyed every moment watching it. People say not all the event in the movie were true. For one it was said to be loosely based off of the butler named Eugene Allen.

Cecil Gaines was a very good person, did what he was told and always followed the rules in a way. I loved how devoted he was to his work, of course that would take a toll in his family life. I love the people they chose to play the presidents in this film. The man who played Nixon was so close to Nixon. And Robin Williams, good actor. I love the cast they chose for the Gaines family. Oprah was moving and not to mention funny. The two sons were wonderful actors.

It showed what was going on through the whole civil rights movement. To me that is very interesting, seeing what hardships the African-American community had to endure to get the freedom we have today. I love the ending when Cecil came to the white house to meet President Barack Obama. I also liked the part where he realized that his son wasn't just being rebellious, he was just fighting for his right. A lot of people at the time probably didn't realize what the young kids were doing when they were riding the freedom bus, or protesting for Nelson Mandela's release in South Africa.

All in all, it was a great movie.

On a scale from 1-10 I give this an 8 and I highly recommend people to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment