Monday, October 7, 2013

Washington DC

I've only been to DC once in my entire life. And it was so historic, I loved it. The only reason DC comes to mind right now is because of the government shutdown. Because of the government shutdown no one is allowed to go in the area, like the mall (not shopping mall).

I remember going on vacation with my boyfriend up to DC for the first time. It was nice, regardless of all the construction going on in the area. I saw the Lincoln Memorial, it was so big and beautiful, it was better than I imagined.. For one I imagined it to be a monkey thanks to that planet of the apes remake. I saw so many statues of liberators it was very nice. I saw the Vietnam war memorial wall, I saw the World War 2 memorial. I saw the air and space museum too (boy was the food in there wayyyyy overpriced!). Seeing all these things were exciting, I went to the botanical garden and saw a whole bunch of plants I knew. I liked walking the nation's capital.

But it was an experience I enjoyed. I toured Capital Hill and went through the Library of Congress. Seeing that historic place made me proud to be an American.
Not to mention I got a good tan out of it too, woo was it hot when I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment