Thursday, August 29, 2013

Google makes you stupid

Admit it, when you quickly want answers the first thing you do is pick up your smartphone/tablet/laptop and google your questions. An article by a Nicholas Carr states "As the Internet becomes our primary source of information, it is affecting our ability to read books and other long narratives. This process of rewiring our brains carries the danger of flattening human experience even as it offers the benefits of knowledge efficiency and immediacy" Here's a link to his article http://www.humanities024.com/studydesk/content/carr-summary.htm

I believe he makes sense. We have changed due to the use of technology. I mean come on I know one of you out there have picked up your smartphone once and used autocorrect to know how to properly spell a word, I know I have. Or googled a question for a term paper and took the easy way of writing research papers. I feel because of the technological advances we as a society have become lazy. We shouldn't all depend on our autocorrect. I remember being in Elementary School study my behind off to learn ten new vocab words and take a test at the end of the week. What ever happened to that? Now kids can just pull out their phone and just type a word misspelled and a CPU will automatically fix it. Not Fair

Kids shouldn't depend on it or use there text lingo (LOL,LMAO,TTYL) so much. It really will effect their writing and grammar skills. I heard that last year, the Florida Standardized writing test aka Writing FCAT had to lower the passing rate because too many kids had low scores. Geez

Enough said,
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment