Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cocaine Cowboys 2

Today, I started watching this little documentary on the drugs rings of Cocaine in Oakland, California and in Miami. It was very interesting to me hearing the stories of drug dealers and what they did on the streets to survive and make their hustle.. What what most interesting to me what the Godmother, a woman by the name of Griselda Blanco. She was like the cocaine queen at a point in time. And quiet honestly, the way she was is very interesting. She was ruthless and did what she had to do to make her money, she took out her husbands and got her kids involved to keep the money going. She did what other independent dealers in Miami wanted to do. She was the ultimate big baller and honestly, though I am against the use of cocaine, she was a major badass. Her life story sounded so intense to me. She first killed someone at age eleven, she took out her ex-husband because he tried turning against her. Her story to me showed that women can hustle just as hard as men, and do better at it too. It blows my mind what this woman did to earn her bread. Though I am not finished watching this documentary, I'm looking forward to hearing more about her. Some say that she is still alive, while other news articles on the internet say that she was assassinated in 2012 in Colombia.

No comments:

Post a Comment