Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014

While watching the news today, a very depressing story came on.

Headlines read Robin Williams, dead at 63..

My heart dropped at the thought of this wonderful comedian and actor passing.

To me all his work had an effect in my life so it really saddens me to hear this news.

I remember wishing I can meet him within my lifetime, but unfortunately that can no longer happen.

I remember watching Mrs. Doubtfire and it gave me hope and kept me happy when my parents were going through marital problems.

I remember during that dark time when I would watch that movie with my dad, he told me he would do the same thing Robin Williams did in the movie. Which at the time made me feel happy that my dad would do what Robin Williams would do.

I remember at one point in time Jumanji was my favorite movie, I had the VHS cassette of the movie and I would watch it over and over. I loved the movie and I loved seeing Robin Williams act like a hero in the movie.

I remember watching Aladdin so much when I was younger. Robin Williams voiced Genie in the movie and that movie gave me hope for love and romantic ideals. It is still one of my favorite Disney movies, I can still recite lines and sing-a-long with the songs.

I also remember watching Dead Poet Society and how it made me open up to the idea of Carpe Diem...

I remember watching Hook (my favorite childhood story was Peter Pan) and it made me love and appreciate my father as a hero. Robin Williams played a father going to rescue his children, something that made me feel happy in a dark time...

There are many other movies that Williams did that I love but these are my favorites...

You will be missed Robin Willaims...

"All my love to you poppet, you're going to be alright... bye-bye"

No comments:

Post a Comment