Monday, August 11, 2014

RIP Michael Brown

Also while watching and reading up on the news, I ran into this Michael Brown story

In a nutshell, Michael Brown (unarmed) was shot multiple times by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri and died from it.

I don't like cops as much as the next person and things like this are sickening. From the stories and things the witnesses say, that young man did not deserve to get shot. He put his hands up to the officer, showing he is giving up... He didn't deserve to die like that.

I believe everyone has the right to use their weapon ONLY when they're life is threatened. (Stand your ground)

But another thing that gets me is the public reaction to what happened..

Is all the violence and looting really necessary? I bet if I get shot tomorrow, no one will react to my death to that extreme. All the looting and violence cannot bring Michael Brown back!

The violence doesn't help the situation. Instead of coming together as a community and supporting the family in peaceful protests and preventing further unnecessary violence, people do dumb shit like this. (Excuse my french)

This does nothing but hurt more people and cause more unnecessary shootings and injuries.. Think people..



No comments:

Post a Comment